Wednesday, September 01, 2004

i'm starting to notice funny little behaviors/idiosyncrasies in my family members. they're such small things, but they totally make that person, and i love it. for example...

my dad: always carries tissues with him. his sneeze sounds like a gunshot (which i inherited), and he can never remember how to do laundry, no matter how many times he's been taught.
my mom: always carries candy/mints with her. pulls out hairs strand by strand (and yells at me when i do the same thing). gives loving pats on the back that actually sting quite a bit.
my sister: sucks in her lips when she's reading. checks her britney websites everyday. obsessively searches for white hairs and split ends.

one of my weird mannerisms is that when someone in my family comes up behind me, i instinctively cover my butt with my hands. this stems from our family habit of smacking each other on the tush for no apparent reason, kind of like in football. now this habit has spread to the outer world. meaning, i sometimes have a horrible urge to smack my friends' butts (as meredith would tell you). so if you're ever walking up the stairs in front of me, watch out!!

**i am so weird.**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year, I smacked my roomie's butt while we were going down the stairs, so we both started walking sideways and covering our butts and then she fell down the stairs and I thought it was so funny, I fell over too and then we just lay on the stairs holding our butts and laughing.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Meg, by the way. Sorry. I don't like this new system very much.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home